NMAT by GMAC
Competition Forum Bangalore provides you the best coaching for NMAT. Our faculty members have an average teaching experience of 10 years and have in-depth understanding of NMAT by GMAC. At Competition Forum you learn strategies and techniques that help you optimise your score and get into the top B-Schools accepting NMAT scores.
What is NMAT?
NMAT or NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is a test that used to be conducted by NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) exclusively for admission to the MBA programmes offered at NMIMS. In 2015, NMAT was acquired by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council); a United States based non-profit organization that conducts the very popular GMAT examination. After GMAC acquired the NMAT examination the name of the examination changed to “NMAT by GMAC”. For sake of convenience, in this article, we will refer to it by its original name; that is NMAT.
NMAT by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) is a national level entrance test conducted for MBA admissions at NMIMS University and other reputed B-Schools in India as well as abroad. NMAT is conducted every year during a 70 – 80 day testing window spanning from October to December and it tests candidates in three sections, namely, Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning.
Keeping in mind the convenience of test-takers, NMAT allows them to choose the preferred date during a testing window as well as self-schedule the test, time and venue, appointment date based on the availability of seats at the preferred test centre.
What is the exam pattern and syllabus for NMAT?
NMAT EXAM PATTERN
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||Time Minutes||Score Range|
- Language Skills: Reading Comprehension, Para Forming, Error Identification Prepositions, Sentence Completion, Analogies
- Logical Reasoning: Critical Reasoning, Analytical Puzzles, Deductions, Coding and Decoding, Direction Sense, Alphanumeric series, Number puzzles, etc.
- Quantitative Skills: Number Properties, Arithmetic, Algebra and Probability, DI Caselets and Tables, DI Graphs and Charts, Data Sufficiency
How many days it takes to receive NMAT score card?
You will receive your score card with scaled score for the sections and total for your NMAT by GMAC™ exam within 48 hours of giving the exam subject to there are no test delivery incidences and audit of online exams is completed, which may take 5 to 7 working days.
Scaled scores: Questions in the NMAT by GMAC™ exam are selected from the question pool for each examinee based on his or her performance on the questions previously answered. The questions a candidate receives are targeted at his or her ability level; therefore, a high- scoring candidate generally receives a more difficult sample of questions than a low-scoring candidate. The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is scored by first obtaining the candidate’s final ability estimate based on the probabilistic model approach of modern exam theory, and then transformed to a scaled score ranging from 12 to 120.
How many colleges accept NMAT score?
The official list of colleges that accept NMAT score for admission in their MBA programmes is given below. In addition to these colleges, there are other colleges where you can apply using the NMAT Score.
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management
- Indian School of Business (ISB) (Advanced Management Programme in Business Analytics (AMPBA)
- SPJIMR (For PGMPW)
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center (formerly MISB Bocconi)
- XIM University
- ICFAI Business School
- SOIL Institute of Management
- FLAME University
- STOA School
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
- ISBR Business School
- Athena School of Management, Mumbai
- School of Business, Woxsen University
- IFMR Graduate School of Business
- Thapar School of Management
- SRM University, Delhi – NCR, Sonepat
- Shiv nadar Institute of Management Studies
- School of Petroleum Management, PDPU
- Jain University – CMS Business School
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- GITAM Deemed to be University, Visakhapatnam
- BML Munjal University
- Bennett University
- Universal Business School
- SRM University Chennai
- Chitkara university
- Alliance University
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- BSE Institute Limited
- Amity University
- Jindal Global Business school – Delhi/NCR
- VIT University
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- IILM University
- Myra School of Business
- Mody University
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- IIHMR University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- IFIM College
- Jagdish sheth school of management
- ISME – School of Management & Entrepreneurship
- Master’s union school of business
- iMET Global
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- Rishihood University
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
- Milpark Business School
- North West University
- Rhodes Business School
- University of South Africa (UNISA) Graduate School of Business Leadership
- Wits Business School
- Nelson Mandela University Business School
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- Johannesburg Business school, University of Johannesburg
- Tshwane School of Business and Society, Tshwane University
- Asian Institute of Management
- Ateneo Graduate School of Business
- Virata School of Business, University of the Philippines
- De La Salle University – Dasmariñas
- School of Business Administration, Arellano University
- De La Salle University
- University of Santo Tomas Graduate School
- St. Paul University Manila
- Lagos Business School
- Lead City University
- Redeemer’s University
- Afe Babalola University
- Covenant University, Nigeria
- Caleb University, Nigeria
- Africa Business School